1. Research Services Department
This department looks after the administrative and logistic affairs related to the research works of staff teachers, such as paper publication, conference participation, scientific reports, and invention patents. Major activities include:
- Convening the meetings of the Research Council in order to make decisions on the research works of staff teachers (220 such meetings from 1992 to 2005).
- Organizing and financing internal and external sabbaticals for staff teachers (5 externals and 3 internals so far).
- Delegating staff teachers to foreign-based conferences (48 delegations since 200
- Convening the meetings of the Research Council in order to make decisions on the research works of staff teachers (220 such meetings from 1992 to 2005). 0).
- Awarding travel grants and bonuses to staff teachers to present papers in domestic conferences.
- Awarding bonuses to staff teachers who have had their articles published in prestigious journals.
- Having referees evaluate works authored or translated by staff teachers.
2. Printing and Publications Department
This department started off in 1993 shortly after IKIU itself was established and has come more in tune with its pre-specified objectives since 2002. The department obtained the license to publish books from the Ministry of Science, Research, and Technology in 2003 and from the Ministry of Islamic Guidance and Culture in 2005. Among the more important accomplishments of the department are the following:
- Drawing up and passing rules and regulations for publishing books
- Constituting the Publication Council and nominating its members
- Publishing 33 volumes since 1993, 16 of which since 2002. The office aims to publish at least 10 volumes per year.
3. Department for Establishing Links with Industry and Organizing Applied Research
This department started in 1993 under the name of “Bureau for Establishing Links with Industry” with the aim of establishing links with industry and organizations outside IKIU to facilitate research projects initiated by IKIU, to introduce the research potentialities of IKIU, and to refer students to industry.
The department has carried out several research projects, 142 of them within IKIU. The more important activity lines of the department include:
- Signing research contracts with the organizations outside IKIU, including government agencies, institutions, and public or private companies.
- Convincing government agencies and industrial enterprises to enter into research contracts with University faculties.
- Signing letters of understanding with the organizations outside IKIU.
- Referring students to industry for the purposes of apprenticeship, project administration, scientific visits, utilizing the laboratory and library facilities of industry, etc.